Saturday 4 October 2014

Mulberry Hall: the jewel of York

After the radio silence on the blog during moving time, I now have another review! Hurrah!

My mum and aunt paid me the customary "just moved in" visit, which involved cleaning and moving things around and of course, lunch!

Mulberry hall is a china/fancy items emporium (no, not the handbag shop!) housed in a fifteenth century building, complete with a little cafe on the top floor. 

We were put on a little table in the conservatory. It was a minuscule one, but the placing of it meant we got an amazing view of the building's structure, and some of the old bits we would have missed otherwise! 






As it was brunch-time, we settled in for some eggs and bacon. The menu is quite extensive and offers a good range of things that aren't exclusively for breakfast! 





Now, I have only just started eating eggs, and so I struggle with them in some forms. Unfortunately, this was one of them. There was more milk and cream than eggs (even though there were obviously a lot!) which made all of its taste disappear. The bacon was, however, perfection! Crispy and salty, the perfect combo. The tea and coffee wasn't half bad either, served in lovely china (where is this sold?!):


The rest of the store is a real treasure trove for the history lover, high end porcelain dreamer and everything in between! 



Halcyon Days - their new Christmas stock!
Frogman - looking like they are about to jump out of the glass


The upstairs Christmas department was my favourite. Sadly, it wasn't my mum's favourite she bumped her head on the beams twice...








Lots of unique Christmas decor ideas are everywhere:





Angels after a full Christmas dinner...
I loved all of the crystal-y bits. Cue fancy 'through the looking glass' photography:





Florals are also around for the last few weeks. How cute are these?



And here is the new Miranda Kerr collection for Royal Albert! Very pretty, featuring butterflies and lots of pastels. Not one for boys!




So, if you are wandering the streets of York then come in here before any other historic buildings. I can guarantee you will have an amazing trip, spend money on things you definitely didn't need but will end up with some fabulous photos and head bumps:



x

2 comments:

  1. What pretty photos. I love mulberry hall, I always go there first when I'm present shipping though I've never eaten there before. The Miranda Kerr stuff is beautiful though a bit to girlie for me, I prefer those beautiful cups you were drinking from in the café. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new reader of your blog. Loved this little visit to York with you! I was in York in 2012 but only had a day to spend. Didn't have time for anything but the big touristy places but I'm back in the UK in March and York is on our agenda. I'll add this into our schedule for tea and shopping!! Love that Miranda China! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete